Article by Ashwini Chubé
Piles or Haemorrhoids are more embarrassing and irritating than just being plain painful. Most of us have suffered it at least once in a life and it is being so embarrassing that we would hardly share it with anyone, not even with doctors.
Medically it has a lot to do with not drinking enough fluids, or not eating fiber or even consuming too much spicy food or carbs leading to hard stools, constipation or even too frequent passing stools. However, sometimes you suffer in spite of having good food habits and even drinking too many fluids. This could be basically due to some blocks which one might be having in the subtle energy centers or chakras.
What are Haemorrhoids
Haemorrhoids are nothing but flaring up of veins. Or as the common man would describe swollen blood vessels in the anal canal.
Doctors classify piles as internal and external. Also further what a common man refers to as piles could be a variation called as anal fissures (cracks in the skin of the anal canal) or even anal fistula (bursting of infected gland causing pus).
- Itching or burning or throbbing of the anal area
- Difficulty in passing stools due to pain or discomfort
- Bleeding from anal area or even mucous sometimes
- Severe pain (however not necessary)
How to heal Haemorrhoids
They subside on their own once you change your food habits and start taking fluids, but in case they don’t, one should always consult a doctor. As a teacher and master of alternative medicine here are some tips which I can share for healing Haemorrhoids naturally:
- Root chakra meditation: Sit in a comfortable position. Take a few normal breaths. Now imagine your root chakra being surrounded by red light. Bask in that beautiful red light. Imagine it growing in circumference. You can keep chanting “lum” which is the beej mantra for the root chakra. Eat a lot of red colored foods which would help to heal the root chakra.
- Reiki charged sitz baths: Take a tub of lukewarm water, you may add either bath salts or even Epsom salts, to it. Now draw Reiki symbols, I typically add CKR and SHK. Thus charge it with Reiki with an intention to cure the haemorrhoids. Now sit in that water for 10 mins. Imagine Reiki flowing and curing it.
- Essential oils for recovery: Following oils can help you recover soon. You may add a drop or 2 to your tub bath: Tea Tree, Frankincense, Lavender, Witch, Hazel, Juniper, Cypress Oil
- Grounding and dipping feet in water: A simple exercise of grounding can definitely help. This is because grounding clears any negative energy in the lower chakras. Sit in a meditative position. Imagine yourself being a tree and imagine your feet to be the roots. Dipping feet in water can remove all negativities from your energy body.
- Archangel Raphael and Michael: Call upon Archangel Michael and Raphael to join you and keep an intention to receive healing. Angels are beings of love and light. Focus on the affected area…