This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I may get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more info.
The Law of Attraction usually requires that you take some form of action to make your dream a reality. The action you want to take is an inspired action.
It could be buying a book…making a phone call…taking a different way home from work.
I don’t know what action you’ll need to take to make your dream come true, but you usually have to do something. It may be big or small.
So how do you know if an action is an inspired action?
Inspired action comes from an internal nudge to do something.
You have an internal desire to do something. For example, something tells you that you have to call your friend, Mary. You don’t know why you need to call her. But something is urging you to pick up the phone. Following through on that urge may help you manifest your desire. She might have the item you want. She might know someone you need to talk to who will help you achieve your goal.
Inspired action isn’t a plan of action. It isn’t something you think about ahead of time where you create a list of steps to take to making your dream a reality. Following such a plan may not get you anywhere. The plan may even be hard to follow.
But if you stop and listen for the Universe to guide you, to give you that internal direction, and follow through on that guidance, you might find yourself achieving your goal easier and faster than you expected. You might even feel as if a miracle occurred.
Inspired Action vs Ego-Based Action
Ego-based thoughts stem from lower-level feelings, like anger, loneliness, greed, guilt, desperation, hopelessness, jealousy, and fear. Any actions that stem from these feelings are ego-based actions, not inspired actions.
Let me give you an example from an email someone sent me. It’s a very common scenario.
I have a feeling that I should contact her somehow, write a letter or sms. On the other hand something tells me that I should wait with it or at least I should wait for her contacting me since she already knows about my feelings and it would be her step that should be the next.
Maybe it’s just my human impatience which I could not completely cast off of course that wants to do something to feel that the things are really moving, or could it be an inspired action what the Universe sent me telling to act?
Here are some ways you can look at this scenario to tell if contacting her is inspired action. You can apply them to your own situation too.
1. He needs to look at what is motivating him to contact her. Is it fear? Is it loneliness? Is his ego trying to make things happen between them? If so, contacting her isn’t inspired action.
2. He needs to ask himself if he has thought about what will happen when he contacts her. Is he looking for a specific response from her? If he is, it isn’t inspired action.
3. Is he thinking of contacting her because he isn’t with her? If so, the act of contacting her is saying, “I don’t have what I want. I am not yet the person I want to be.”
4. He’s being given an internal nudge that he should wait. His intuition is telling him that contacting her isn’t inspired action.
Often, inspired action occurs when you are following your heart and doing what makes you happy. It’s a response to situations when you are being yourself and not trying to control anything. If you really have the feeling of being and having your desire in the moment you think of taking an action, you are taking inspired action.
If you still aren’t sure how to identify an inspired action, here are some simple tips to know when to take action:
- If it doesn’t feel exciting, don’t do it.
- If you feel nervous, don’t do it.
- If it’s outside of your comfort zone, don’t do it.
- If you want to get back at someone, don’t do it.
- If you’re trying to “make things happen”, don’t do it.
You’ll achieve much more success, more quickly, if you take inspired action with the Law of Attraction.