Sometimes you need something to pick you up and make you feel better.
No matter the mood I’m in, quotes make me feel better. They inspire me, motivate me, uplift me – they raise my energy so that it’s easier for me to manifest what I want.
I’d love it if you could share quotes that make you feel better in the comments below – because I’d like this page to become a fantastic resource we can all come back to when we want to feel better.
So what quotes do you have taped on your computer or wall at home? What quotes have you highlighted in your favorite book?
Here are quotes that I’ve collected:
1. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
2. “What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.” – Crowfoot
3. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber
4. “Look within. Be still. Free from fear and attachment. Know the sweet joy of the way.” – The Dhammapada
5. “You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.” – Wayne Gretzky
6. “It is not the level of prosperity that makes for happiness but the kinship of heart to heart and the way we look at the world. Both attitudes are within our power so that a man is happy so long as he chooses to be happy, and no one can stop him.” – Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
7. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” – Robin Williams
8. “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anais Nin
9. “First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination.” – Napoleon Hill
10. “I’ve seen a jillion miracles. They’re all around. Every green leaf is a miracle.” – Jimmy Dean
11. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
12. “A moment comes when the true self reveals itself. That moment comes when you are willing to be unconditionally present in the imperfection of this moment. A simple change of attitude; instead of chasing after perfection, you allow a total and profound surrendering to the imperfection of the moment.” – Tyohar
13. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese proverb
14. “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” – Albert Einstein
15. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
16. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
17. “I find that when we really love and accept and approve of ourselves exactly as we are, then everything in life works.” – Louise Hay
18. “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” – Mark Caine
19. “Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice.” – Steve Jobs
20. “Life is so generous a giver but we, judging its gifts by their covering, cast them away as ugly or heavy or hard. Remove the covering and you will find beneath it a living splendor, woven of love, by wisdom, with power. Welcome it, grasp it, and you touch the angel’s hand that brings it to you. Everything we call a trial or a sorrow or a duty, believe me that angel’s hand is there, and the wonder of an overshadowing presence. Life is so full of meaning and purpose, so full of beauty beneath its covering, that you will find earth but cloaks your heaven. Courage then to claim, that is all.” – Fra Giovanni
21. “It’s always been my philosophy: Turn the page. If something falls through, turn the page. It’s over with, get used to it, get on with it. Very simple. It’s always worked for me.” – Merv Griffin
22. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
23. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” – Judy Garland
24. “We cannot change life! We can only change the way we live life. Any moment is the best moment, and any place is the best place.” – Tishan
25. “All I ask is that you do your best, and forget the rest.” – Tony Horton
26. “By thought, the thing you want is brought to you; by action, you receive it.” – Wallace D. Wattles
27. “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to…